Friday, November 29, 2013

Wrecking Ball (Forgiveness Edition)

(To the tune of Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball")

We kissed, I fell under your spell
I thought my new life would begin
Then it got tough, your love's too rough
And I knew that it had to end

Then you tried to say I wouldn't walk away
But you'll never own me
You are dangerous and I couldn't trust
From you I had to break free

I went out like a wrecking ball
I had to get away from you
You promised you would love me well
But your words weren't true
So I had to start anew


You called you texted relentlessly
You begged for a second chance
Couldn't forgive all that you did
In your excuse for romance

Then you tried to say I couldn't stay away
I don't really need you
Your "love" is like a crime and I thought it was time
To teach a lesson to you

I came in like a wrecking ball
So that I could smash your things
You thought your looks would keep you safe
But my vengeance was real


I came in like a wrecking ball
So that you would know the truth
Your hold on me is over now
And I tried to wreck you
I wanted to wreck you


Then tears were flowing from my eyes
Didn't know how I would start again
Then I heard a voice calling out
And asking me to let Him in

I never knew what love looked like
Until He opened up my eyes
And gave to me a brand new life

Jesus came in like a wrecking ball
So that He could win my heart
I didn't think I'd love again
But He proved that it wasn't true


He came in like a wrecking ball
So that He could break my walls
He entered in and healed my heart
Now I'm wrecked for ordinary
With these walls crashing down around me


I'm wrecked for ordinary
His love's taken over me

No comments:

Post a Comment